Information For Pupils & Parents
The “new” home schooling situation during the corona crisis raises many questions. For instance, how can we create a learning environment at home, and what are consequences of social isolation? What do we know from research, and how can we use the knowledge?
Read Here our Most recent Blogs
Homeschooling during the COVID-19 pandemic: Parental experiences, risk and resilience
1 Apr, 2021 | Parents, Professionals, Teachers
Lockdown measures and school closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic meant that families with school-aged children had to adapt to a new situation: Suddenly, the home became the center for work,...
Children’s play in the COVID-19 pandemic
19 Nov, 2020 | Parents, Pupils
In the current COVID-19 pandemic, children are spending more time at home as some schools have to close for a day, a week, or several months. What does this mean for young children’s play...
Homeschooling: What was it like for you?
8 Sep, 2020 | Parents, Professionals
Due to Corona protection measures, schools were closed for several months this spring. Just before the Summer holidays schools re-opened for part of the time. Parents took over the role of teacher...
Podcast with Nienke van Atteveldt: ERC researchers explore lockdown life
1 May, 2020 | Parents
Nienke van Atteveldt was interviewed for the podcast series #ERCasks, in which ERC grantees talk about different aspects of lockdown life. In the podcast on home schooling, Nienke explains how this...
Stress in times of COVID-19
17 Apr, 2020 | Parents
How can we handle the stress the COVID-19 crisis puts on us and what makes the situation stressful? Who is most affected and who can cope better? Anja Huizink is an expert on stress and gives valuable tips in her blog.
How to keep students motivated to engage in online learning in a time of crisis
12 Apr, 2020 | Pupils, Teachers
The corona crisis means hard times for healthcare workers and people in other essential services. It is also a hard time for all of us in education. Teachers are busy trying to maintain the...
COVID-19 and school closures; legislative aspects of the new situation
10 Apr, 2020 | Parents
This exceptional period raises a number of questions about the legislative context of some of the decisions currently being taken, such as on the authority to close schools and suspend assessments....
Corona: didn’t go to school, did learn a lot
10 Apr, 2020 | Parents, Professionals
In this blog, Anders Schinkel reflects on the lessons we can learn from this Corona crisis. How can we make sure that even though schools are closed, we still learn a lot from what is happening now?...
Remote testing: discussing options, advantages and disadvantages
10 Apr, 2020 | Pupils, Teachers
Now that the final test in primary education and the central exams in secondary education have been cancelled, we are missing important information about the learning process of pupils and what they...
Teaching at the kitchen table; a quick guide to home-schooling for parents
10 Apr, 2020 | Parents
Since Monday 16 March, all schools in the Netherlands have been closed due to the corona crisis. This means that, in addition to their regular activities and work, many parents now also have to...
See also information for:
Most recent blogs:
- How LEARN! supports primary and secondary schools in mapping social-emotional functioning and well-being for the school scan of the National Education Program
- Conference ‘Increasing educational opportunities in the wake of Covid-19’
- Educational opportunities in the wake of COVID-19: webinars now available on Youtube
- Homeschooling during the COVID-19 pandemic: Parental experiences, risk and resilience
- Catch-up and support programmes in primary and secondary education
- Home education with adaptive practice software: gains instead of losses?
- A COVID-generation: who are the winners and losers of a disrupted school year? Reflections from the Netherlands.
- Children’s play in the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19: do we need to redefine practices for school inspections?
- Standardized assessments in times of COVID-19: Understanding short and long-term effects